Thursday, November 22, 2007

Nasi Goreng Udang Kunyit







Today, we had Nasi Goreng Udang Kunyit for breakfast. That's the name Mr.Hubby gives to my again, my very-own-style nasi goreng. I used to cook nasi goreng since I was in Std.4.. It's still clear in my eyes, almost everyday then, I went into the kitchen & prepared any kind (you name it) of nasi goreng...All by myself.. I just created any recipes that came into my mind...put anything that my eyes could reach, that's what I've been doing until now.. Recipe Creating.. Mr.Hubby, my brothers & sisters, my 30 nieces & nephews, have all recognized my 'hand water'..(hahahahaha..air tangan lah cik kak).. Feel free to try...




  1. Cut the 'misai udang & its muncung'.. Do not peel.



  2. Chop 2-3 cloves of garlic & onion.



  3. Heat oil in a pan,then fry the garlic & onion until lightly golden.



  4. Put in prawns. Continue frying.



  5. Put in half-teaspoon of turmeric powder. Enough to make the rice looks yellowish.



  6. Cut carrot into cubes & add to the mixture. Add some soy sauce. (Not too much,it will spoil the 'kunyit' taste)



  7. Put in egg(s) & scramble it to mix up with the fried ingredients.



  8. Add in shredded turmeric leaf & chopped bird's eye chilli. Add some crushed black pepper. (You will find black pepper in most of my recipes..i just couldn't live without it..hey,it helps you to lose some weight you now!!)



  9. Stir well, mix it up. Add a pinch of salt to taste.



  10. Pour in white rice. Stir occasionally so that the mixture does not stick to the pan. Then,add some onion leaves (this is called direct translation...daun bawang).



  11. DONE & you will notice that, this nasi goreng doesn't taste the same like all we have at the restaurant tomyam out there!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin